Egypt has become extremely popular because it is a unique tourist destination. All the lovers of travel and people who are interested in history and the development of civilization already have visit Egypt or are about to go there. Not many other nations have left so many and so vivid monuments as a proof of their way of life in the past and their skills. Egypt is a magical, even mystical place, the historians refer to it as "the cradle of civilization".
|Egypt, The Pyramids, camel|
For thousands of years the people of Egypt developed cities in the delta of the Nile River, even though the harsh conditions of the desert. Today, more than 80 million Egyptians live in Alexandria, Cairo and the cities, located along the river.
The capital - Cairo is great. It is very charming with all its ancient monuments, large markets, dust, desert, crowds, oriental dances. It is like a return back in time vigilantly supervised by the Great Sphinx and the Piramids.
|Temple of Luxor, at night, Egypt|
|Karnak Temple in Luxor, Egypt|
However, there are some things you have to know when visiting Egypt:
- The whole name of the country is Arab Republic of Egypt.
- The borders of the country are with the Mediterranean Sea on the north, the Gaza Strip and Israel to the northeast, the Red Sea to the east, Sudan to the south and Libya to the west.
- The official language is Arabic, but if you speak English or French you will come to grips with the people.
- The official currency is Egyptian pound.
- During the summer the temperatures can be 40 °C.
- The hottest month is August.
- The driving in Cairo can be very agressive as the traffic is heavy.
- Drives on the right.
- When you are in Egypt it is better to trust your guide, not to make individual plans.
- Always bring with you sun cream.
- Don't ever forget to bring water with you and also use only bottled one, don't try
- Taxis are good way to get from one place to another, they are also very cheap.
- It is good to have with you the basic medicines, as they are available, but
- Cigarettes can be bought, they are not expensive, but variety of them is not large.
- Here you can buy beer and wine, the hard alcohol is very expensive and can
- Postcards sent from Egypt arrive for 5 days / in Europe for example/.
- In the cities You can find Wireless Internet in the most hotels and Internet cafes. It will be best if you have mobile connection - flash drive and prepaid Egyptian card.
- The modern Egyptian cuisine is influenced by the Greek, Syrian, Turkish, Palestinian, Lebanese, we can also mention the French and the English one.
- Tipping in Egypt is advisable.
- The Pyramids of Gisa are the most visited tourist destination in world.
- It is believed that the Pyramids are built 4.5 thousand years ago.
- The basic religion is Islam.
- There is no rain, if it happens to poor it is in the winter season.
- The main part of territory of Egypt is desert.
- Only 6% of country's territory is inhabited.
- The Ancient Egyptians have created the calendar of 365 days per year and the 24-hour division of the days.
- The most popular sport in Egypt is football, the country won the African Nations Cup 6 times.
|Egypt, The Pyramids of Gisa|
|Valley of the Kings, Egypt|
|The Sphinx and the Pyramid of Chephren Khafre, Egypt|
source: herbedisdeadly, cairotravelguide, cooltravelstorytelling